COFFEE GRINDER (BULK) CUSTOMERS
One of Peace Coffee's goals is to inform the public about Climate Change and the effect on farmers. How do we address this in a grocery store in a natural way? How do we create the space for this, both physical in the store and mental in the customer's minds?
Peace Coffee and it's customers value the environment this is shown in the following customer touch points: Bike delivery, biodiesel van delivery, wording at bulk bins, wording on package coffee bags. What more can they do? They could switch to recyclable or biodegradable packaging. Such a dramatic shift from a premium organic coffee company would highlight how much they care about the environment and create a space to talk about how climate change harms their supply chain. What else could be changed to achieve the goal of informing the public about how Climate Change is impacting coffee farms?
Display Supply Chain Information
On bulk bins there is space available to add cards. These cards could explain how the supply chain works. They also could have photos of the coffee farms, explain how climate change is hurting them, and link to find out more. Finally, if Peace Coffee were to switch to a different style of packaging this area could be used as advertisement.
Climate Change Website Wireframe
The website would address three things:
- This is the problem.
- This is how we interact with the problem.
- This is what we can do about it.
- Improve packaging by adding roast level and flavor descriptions to the front of the bag.
- Add a tool set consisting of a brush, a pen, and safety scissors, to every store where there is a grinder.
- Print cards to attach to the front of the bulk coffee explaining the effects of climate change and educating customers on the supply chain.
- Create a website explaining the climate change problem and how Peace Coffee interacts with this problem.
- Redesign packaging to make shopping easier.
- Add a set of tools to make grinding coffee a better experience.
- Use available space on the bulk bins to educate customers about the supply change and how climate change impacts coffee farms.
- Create a website detailing where Peace Coffee fits in the climate change issue.